Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What I Did on the First Day of Cataclysm

Mostly, I sat in line.

I logged in, discovered that the new areas were swamped, and stayed on Neve.

Shadowmoon was empty.

So were the BC instance queues.

I figured that there ought to be more people like me who felt that the new level areas could wait while the people rushing to get to L85 finished, but I didn't guess at how few people there would be.  The line for a BC instance --even with the new battlegroup combinations-- was 30 minutes minimum.  This was well up from 5-6 minutes that was in place a day ago.

Therefore, I made certain that I did a few quests to creep closer to L70.

Oh, and I created a Goblin Rogue, named Jíg after the main character in Goblin Quest. (Sheesh.  Someone already named a Goblin 'Jig' by 5:00 AM EST.  Jim C. Hines would be so proud.)

What did you do on your first day?

EtA:  Amusing moment of the day:  Curiosities and Moore is now a consignment shop.

4 comments:

  1. I did 110 quests, gained two levels, and ran the new Throne of the Tides dungeon during which I was the sole survivor on the last boss fight.

    Muaahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. True story: I finally got into an instance the first day --Mana Tombs-- and I had to do a double take. The healer was a Goblin Shammy. He'd race transferred earlier in the day, but was missing his race car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At launch I logged in turned in 25 quests on my main, got exalted with the Tuskarr, then trained on all 4 of my 80s and went to bed.

    Later headed towards Vash'jir but got distracted by all the skinnable crab corpses on the ground. I hit 525 skinning in less than an hour. Headed to Hyjal and started questing. There were too many pewople in the zone I switched to my Shammy and leveled her skinning to 525 in about an hour. Resumed questing when population was lower. I'm liking Hyjal a lot so far.

    On a side note I had intentionally given my two most recently leveled 80s skinning with an eye towards leveling my main's LW fast in Cataclysm. 2 days in and I'm at 501 LW skill, I've mailed 2 pieces of gear to every mail and leather wearer in the guild and I pulled in 2K gold on the AH yesterday. I really hadn't expected it to work quite this well. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have a ton of time to play last week, but I did make a goblin warrior on the first day. It was actually really fun.... my husband, who normally plays a prot warrior, rolled a goblin priest (my main is a disc priest). So it was a fun role-reversal!

    ReplyDelete