Sunday, July 28, 2013

WoW Weddngs are Alive and Well

I've known people who play MMOs together who are married, and even some of those who met in game (WoW or some other MMO) and married before I met them.  But in-game weddings?  I've not known any myself.

However, Navimie of The Daily Frostwolf is a bit luckier than I, and last Wednesday attended an in-game wedding up in the Grizzly Hills.  Her adventures of getting there as an L1 alt are worth the read alone, but the picspam of the ceremony itself are really cool.

If my wife and I were to get married now, we'd not go for an MMO ceremony --she doesn't play-- but we most likely would have something like this at the reception hall:

Yes, that's a Settlers of Catan wedding cake.
(From forgoodnesscakes.net.)

Or maybe this:

Of course, I usually lose at Scrabble.
(From casasugar.com.)

4 comments:

  1. If I could do it all over again I would love to have a cool game themed cake and have the courses all named after in game dishes. But that would be dreadfully dorky and probably more suited to a big birthday! But I see the benefits of a ceremony in game - its a way for all your online friends can be there to share your happy moment and be an adjunct rather than a replacement for an IRL ceremony.

    I do love that scrabble cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I dared, I'd like to have an RPG themed cake. But I knew that would have alienated my side of the family --the "D&D is Satanic" crowd-- so I went traditional and kind of blah.

      I've got to figure out how to make a Scrabble cake for my wife's next birthday. That may take some... practice... before I can get it right. Of course, the kids would like to eat the practice cakes!

      Delete
  2. I love that scrabble cake although I haven't played in forever. I did a quick search and found numerous WoW themed wedding cakes, that Azeroth is filled with romance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we're just not looking in the right place for that romance!

      (Queue sly joke about Goldshire in three... two... one...)

      Delete