Saturday, August 9, 2014

"I attack the darkness!!"

In honor of the release of the fifth edition of Dungeons and Dragons, I figured I'd post an oldie but goodie from the Dead Alewives, their classic Dungeons and Dragons sketch.*



And, well, whaddya know.  Gen Con is next week. I'm looking forward to checking out the games, watching the crowd, and seeing the previews with the family.  Among what I'm hoping to see are a preview of Fantasy Flight Games' new Star Wars miniatures game, Armada. I've always wanted to yell "IT'S A TRAP!" during a game, and now it looks like I'll get the chance.

THIS.  This looks cool. From fantasyflightgames.com.






*I have to confess when I first heard it, I cringed because I lived through the Satanic Panic back in the 80s, but then the transition to the gaming happened, and I lost it. If you replace Mountain Dew with Milwaukee's Best Light, then you have my gaming group from back in college...

No comments:

Post a Comment